ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Tuesday 17 February 2015

GROOM BATTERS BRIDE ON WEDDING NIGHT BECAUSE HE COULDN'T TAKE OFF HER DRESS


A bride was brutally beaten by her husband on their wedding night because he couldn't undo her dress. Amy Dawson was pinned to the floor by Gavin Golightly just hours after tying the knot.
The 22-year-old had asked her new husband for help getting out of the white dress she was wearing when he launched the violent attack.

Miss Dawson, who shares a child with the man, said the attack was so severe she thought it would kill her.
'When he lashed out on me on my wedding night I thought I was going to die. I was terrified. 'He looked like he was going to kill me.'Eventually, I escaped and found a hotel porter, who called the police.It was such a lovely day, and I was devastated it ended the way it did. It was a huge celebration full of friends and family, and I thought it would have been the fresh start we needed.'

The defendant then tried to undo Ms Dawson’s dress. She received a crochet (to undo the dress with), but the defendant then refused to undo his new wife’s dress.
'The defendant then jumped up from his chair, approached Ms Dawson and pushed her over.'He then sat on top of her and started punching her with clenched fists. He then got up and left the room. It appears that the defendant then came back to the room.'Ms Dawson had a cut above her left eyebrow and some bruises to her face and chest area.'
Ms Dawson said her husband had changed dramatically since she fell pregnant eight months after their relationship began.
'When I first met Gavin, he was lovely. I couldn't fault him.
'He was caring and loving, and when we found we were having a baby we were delighted.'I fell pregnant after eight months but almost straight away Gavin became controlling and manipulative.  It was like walking on eggshells.'
Golightly  pleaded guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm at a court hearing last month.
He was given a 12 month community order and a restraining order preventing him from contacting his wife.
Ms Dawson has slammed the sentence as too lenient.
'The community order was far too soft. The restraining order is the only thing keeping me strong. He means nothing to me now.'

No comments:

Post a Comment