The honourable member representing Oorelope constituency (Igboho) in Oyo State House of Assembly, Hon. Y.A Azees is dead.
He was said to have been short dead by some unknown persons at the gate of his house at Alakia area of Ibadan, around 10pm, Friday 1st July, 2016.
Though details of the incident was still very sketchy at the time of filling this report but we reliably gathered that his body has been deposited at Adeoyo Hospital morgue
May his soul rest in peace.
Saturday, 2 July 2016
Friday, 1 July 2016
Thursday, 30 June 2016
Why Our Client (Chief Olisa Metuh) is Offering To Refund The N400 million – Counsel
In the light of the circumstances regarding the case of our client, Chief Olisa Metuh with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), we want to explain the reasons for our client's proposal to refund the N400 million released to him by former President Goodluck Jonathan, and which was expended on a project approved by the ex-President on national issues relating to his Presidency and the Federal Government at that time.
1. We want to restate that at the time the money was released to him after his presentation to the ex-President, our client had no knowledge of the source, a fact that is now obvious from the evidence of the prosecution and defence witnesses. Our client had every cause to believe that the money was from the ex-President to whom he made presentation, received directives and rendered report and accounts accordingly.
2. When the matter first came up and Chief Metuh was invited to the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) in December 2015, he requested to know the source of the money and expressed his readiness to make refunds if it was from government coffers, not minding that the money had been expended as directed by the former President. Officials at ONSA never got back to him as they promised, until his arrest by the EFCC in January 2016.
3. It was however while in court that a document was brought regarding the source of the money and since then, our Client has made manifest his willingness to refund the money and has indeed approached his family, friends and associates to mobilise funds to refund the entire N400 million to the government regardless of the fact that the money had been expended based on the directives of the former President and that part of the money had been recovered from one of the prosecution witnesses.
4. We want to confirm that since then, we have been in talks with the Ministry of Justice, the EFCC and other necessary bodies on how to refund the money and resolve the issue.
5. Our client occupied no government office. His commitment and dedication to his official duties have been confirmed by even prosecution witnesses. In this whole saga, he has been an unfortunate victim of circumstances. His refunding the money therefore goes to show his support for the anti-corruption war as well as serve as a testament to his sincerity, integrity and honesty in this matter.
6. There is no doubt that the prosecution has considerably embarked on some expenses in the course of this case. It is hoped that by not discounting the sum already recovered, whatever cost so far incurred would have been defrayed. By this, a critical objective of recovery of funds would no doubt be achieved.
7. It is pertinent to restate our client's continued support for the anti-corruption campaign, which is necessary to ensure probity in the affairs of Nigeria to the extent that it is conducted within the rule of law.
8. Finally, it is our client's prayer that this nation shall come through this difficult time by the grace of the Almighty God.
Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN)
Counsel To Chief Olisa Metuh
Ecobank Nigeria Limited has appealed a ruling by Justice Jude Dagat of
the Federal High Court in Lagos striking out its winding-up petition
against Honeywell Group Limited and its sister company Anchorage
Justice Dagat delivered the ruling on Monday on the basis that
Ecobank’s suit was an abuse of court process.
Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Maduekwe is dead. He was born May 6, 1945 in Abia State, Nigeria and was appointed Foreign Minister of Nigeria on July 26, 2007 by President Umaru Yar’Adua Maduekwe.. Maduekwe was also appointed Culture and Tourism minister by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999, Minister of Transport in 2001. As Minister of Transport he got the nick name ‘Ojo oni Keke’ for advocating for the use of bicycles, although critics said that the roads were unsafe for cyclists and Maduekwe himself was pushed into a ditch by a bus while he was cycling to work. He was National Secretary of the ruling political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
More details soon
… Properties not wholly owned by anyone
Inside Gov Ayo Fayose's Desperate Strategy To Evade Allegations Of Involvement In Receiving Infamous Dasuki Fund
...Why he is on mudslinging spree
Governor Ayodele Fayose is fighting tooth and nail to dislodge allegations of involvement in sharing of security funds now famously known as Dasuki Money.
And his strategy is without borders sources confirmed.
Zenith Bank Chairman, Jim Ovia, Folorunsho Alakija, Femi Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Aliko Dangote Break Fast With President Muhammadu Buhari.
Monday June 27 2016, Zenith Bank Chairman, Jim Ovia and a couple of high profile business people observed the breaking of Ramadan Fast with President Muhammadu Buhari.
The extraordinary men and woman of commerce that were attendance along with the Zenith Bank Chairman were Chairman Forte Oil, Mr. Femi Otedola; Mrs. Folorusho Alakija; President Muhammadu Buhari; Heirs Holdings, Mr Tony Elumelu and President Dangote Group of Companies, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
Here are Faces at the unique occasion.
Justice Jude Dagat of a Lagos Federal High Court, on Monday, stopped a winding up petition filed by Ecobank Plc, against Oba Otudeko's three companies, over alleged unpaid N5.5 billion loan.
In his ruling, the judge said it would be premature to entertain winding up application against the respondents, saying that when a judge is aware that the case before him is also before another judge, such judge should act with care.
Sunday, 26 June 2016
One of the six suspects of three different One- Chance gangs , arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command on Sunday has disclosed that the prevailing economic situation in the country has greatly affected one chance robbery operations ..
The suspect, Adeleke Rasaq, 24, was arrested along with his gang member, Lucky John, 22 in Abule Egba, Agbado Oke Local Council Development. Area. .
Adeleke, who resigned as a factory worker to join one - chance robbery gang stated, “we don’t make much money like before. The present economic condition in the country has greatly affected one chance business. We have not been able to make much money, everywhere is dry "
He continued that. " I teamed up with Lucky because pickpocketing is not easy in Lagos these days. When you toil alone, you might not make much. It has not been easy working independently lately. So, we have to team up to make more money to survive " .
" Both of us live in Badagry. Everyday, we come to Abule Egba, Agege, Fagba, Egbeda to operate. As soon as we made enough money, we would retire for the day".the suspect stated
Explaining how he joined the robbery syndicate, he revealed, “I resigned from the company I worked for when I noticed that a lot of my friends in Ajegunle, who were doing this kind of hustling were living better than a lot of Chief Executives. Every guy does this in Ajegunle. We don’t see it as a crime, it is called hustling " .
The suspect also stated that " I started following them out. It was in the process that I mastered the act. It has been up to six years that I have been in this trade”.
Members of the second gang, comprising Ubuke Michael, 26 and Obinna Okoro, 24, were arrested in Gbagada after their operational bus with the registration number, FST 890 XM, had picked up two passengers who were going to Alaba International Market and Ladipo Spare Part Market to buy goods.
Ubuke, the leader of the gang, had invited a bus driver and a conductor to join his group in one - chance operation. “I invited a friend of mine who has a commercial bus. ' Ubuke said
He also insisted that " He and his conductor are familiar with the operation. I have so many commercial buses that I can call for operation. I call them to join me at a particular location",
"The driver and conductor do their normal work while we collect belongings of the passengers, drop them off and pass them to the driver to hold on. The two passengers in the bus were our victims." he further stated
Ubuke also stated that. " One of them came out of bank before boarding our bus while another has bulky pockets. We were about to collect their belongings when we were arrested. We don’t normally carry more than two passengers during operations”,
“Whatever we make we share with the driver and the conductor but our share is normally more than theirs. It is so unfortunate the driver and conductor of our operational danfo bus escaped”, he noted.
One of their victims, Boniface Anusionwu, whose phone was found with the gang stated. “I just came out of a bank where I went to withdraw some money for trading and for my rent. I never knew they were robbers”.
The last gang members , Steven Raphael, 25 and Samali Onafuwa, 27 were arrested in Fagba and Station Bus Stop, Ishaga.
Confirming the incident, the Police PPRO, SP Dolapo Badmos, said that there would be no hiding place for criminals in Lagos State, adding that the suspects would be charge to court when investigations are completed. Sadly, all the suspects have roots in Ajegunle.
The six suspects had been transferred to SCID for further investigation.