How Saraki looted Kwara – EFCC, CCB
Six remanded over kidnap of Lagos schoolgirls
APC, PDP in verbal war as tension heralds Rivers rerun
JAMB bows to protesting candidates, says those who missed UTME will retake it
Agatu killings and road to apocalypse Buhari, Ngige, Fashola, Ortom, others bid Ocholi final farewell
No more rift with Kwankwaso, says Kano gov.
How we planned, executed Lagos schoolgirls’ kidnap
I’m ready for trial, says Orji Kalu Teenager kills retired headmistress in Edo
We’ll work with Buhari to fight vandals, oil thieves in N/Delta, ex-militant leaders vow
Boko Haram will soon become history, vows COAS
N1.04tn fine: MTN withdraws suit against NCC, AGF
Ocholi, wife, son buried in hometown amid tears
Policemen on election assignment injured in Rivers road crash
Saraki repaid personal bank loans with Kwara’s funds – CCB BREAKING! Illegal oil deal: Court sentences 14 foreigners to prison Court remands alleged kidnappers of Ikorodu schoolgirls in custody Six-year-old female pupil abducted in Lagos military barracks
Police detain eight-year-old pupil in Ogun
Community blames faulty drainage channel for flooding
Senate moves to legalise card reader for elections
Corruption must not defeat Buhari –Igbokwe
Bello uncovers N2bn fraud in Kogi ministry
Fulani Herdsmen: Troubled spots awaiting govt’s action
Agatu Massacre: Victims accuse Buhari’s govt of insensitivity Okorocha sacks SSG
Ocholi’s son vows to continue his legacy as Osinbajo, others bid farewell to late minister
Gospel music is poorly promoted– El Levite
Court remands Ikorodu kidnap suspects in prison custody
Alleged N5.6bn fraud: S-Court orders EFCC to prosecute ex-Gov Kalu Kaduna Religious Preaching: The Fire Within
Ibinabo’s shocking story on her journey to prison
Top Nigerian artistes likely in copyright mess
Lawmakers move to sanction fighting teachers..Good morning n enjoy a peaceful weekend..19/03/2016
Saturday, 19 March 2016
At the opening of Pastor Mathew Asimolowo's kings University in Ode Omu, Osun state...
Fujistar,K1 D Ultimate was special guest,he is pictured here in warm embrance with other notable guests including The Governor of Osun,Rauf Aregbesola,newly wedded Ooni of Ife among others.
Friday, 18 March 2016
Residents of Surulere, Lagos and its environs are in for a good time this Easter holiday, as Concept Eventpro Limited, a leading events company, is planning a show tagged Lere Easter Bash aimed at giving fun-loving Nigerians another great moment to enjoy pulsating music from some of their music idols.
The event will feature top music stars like Fuji musician, Suleiman Alao Malaika; Hip-hop sensation, 9ice; Lanre Teriba, aka Atorise, as well as many budding singers drawn from all genres of music on Easter Sunday, with DJ Humility, DJ Top and Olalakeside serenading on the turntable.
According to Fatai Balogun, CEO, Concept Eventpro Limited, ‘‘ The concept is a bigger and better packaged show for lovers of music, dance, comedy and scintillating choreographic displays in the convivial atmosphere of the Eagles Club on Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere, Lagos.
‘The show is to give residents of Surulere and its environs a well-packaged show that can be attended by families this Easter holiday. It promises to be the mother of all shows this Easter period.’’
The show, which is organised in partnership with the telecommunication giant, MTN, is also endorsed by a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Olusola Elliot.
* Court bars army from Rivers polls
* Senate okays National Assembly’s takeover of Kogi Assembly
* Judge insists on Metuh’s trial despite petition to Chief Judge
* Buhari, Sultan caution clerics against hate-preaching
* Suspected sea pirates kill two army officers in Rivers
* Alleged trafficking: Court remands 37- year- old woman
* Oil price slump: Nigerian companies’ll survive — Kachikwu
* PwC projects Nigeria’s economy to rank top 10 in 2050
* Ekiti accuses DSS of killing detained lawmaker
* Navy Vows To Crush Oil Thieves In Niger Delta
* Traditional ruler sends SOS to Imo govt over amenities for community
* Ibinabo Back In Prison As Bail Bid Fails
* Reps probe secret recruitment of 909 employees by CBN
* IG warns against foreign domestic helps
* Tenant sets 83-year-old landlord ablaze in Edo
* Return to pencil-paper examinations, Reps tell JAMB
* We must produce what we eat, Buhari tells Nigerians
* We operate patients with lamps, torchlight – UITH doctors
* NURTW declares war on sale of ogogoro at motor parks
* FG queries heads of MDAs over non-compliance with directive
* Kaduna community protests plan to demolish their houses
* Procurement activities for first nuclear energy plant on course — FG * Rivers REC confirms receipt of sensitive materials
* Wife accuses police of detaining husband on parents’ order
* Cameroon court sentences 89 Boko Haram men to death
* $2.1b arms deals: Panel summons more military officers
* N3.1b ‘fraud’: EFCC traces memo to ex-Villa perm sec
* National Hospital’s workers threaten indefinite strike
* TUC calls for transparency in Rivers election
* Federal Govt tackles unemployment with N10b ‘YES’ project...Good morning..Barka Jumah to all Muslim Faithful.
Thursday, 17 March 2016
The attention of Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has been drawn to the existence of fake Facebook accounts being operated in the name of the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin. The popular facebook accounts created by some cyber fraudsters, goes by different fake identities and official photographs of the Chief of Defence Staff are used.
This Press Conference has become necessary in order to debunk a rumour which is being dangerously spread in Ekiti State by some mischief makers to the effect that Hon. AFOLABI has died in custody. Nigerians and Ekiti people in particular are convinced to see that AFOLABI is hale and hearty as he is being presented to the Press today.
* Anger After Senate Rejects Gender Equality Bill
* Saraki Promotes BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira Syndrome, Adorns Aba Products
* NUPENG: Fuel Scarcity will Persist Without Forex
* Tension Reaches Fever Pitch Ahead of Rivers Rerun Polls
* Buhari Condemns Attack as Suicide Bombers Kill 22 in Borno Mosque
* Telecoms Operators Record 431,978 Porting Subscribers in One Year
* Salako: Anti-Competition Practices Stifling the Economy
Wednesday, 16 March 2016
…Consent To Okada Ban, Removal Of Shanties
…We’ll Deal Decisively With Troublemakers, Says LASGRealizing the strong need to move the popular Mile 12 Market from its present location, community leaders and traders in the area on Wednesday agreed with the plan of the State Government to relocate the market to another suitable and more convenient location within the state.
One of the major contenders on the platform of the All Progressive
Congress, APC, in the Edo State September 10th governorship race,
Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi has advised the delegates who will elect
Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s successor to critically scrutinise the
credentials of those jostling to govern the state.
Tuesday, 15 March 2016
MEN of the Plateau State Police Command have arrested a former soldier identified as Sunday Umaru after he was said to have killed his girlfriend after finding amorous text messages on her phone from a suspected lover.
Mother of one, a true believer, strong, motivated, self made and self discipline, ADERONKE AJENISE-ODUBORISA A.K.A ASHABI OLORISHA granted shybellmedia.blogspot.com interview few months back but was misinterpreted by a website who speak ill of her person. However, the America base actress chose to clear the air as she speaks on her estrange hubby, son, job and her Christian life. Read her interview below…
Good morning ma
Good morning darling brother
What's your take about the negative publication published on naijaFilms.com?
OMG!, at first, I saw it as scandal from an evil genius turned journalist, though, the guy called me later & started begging begging begging, some evil elements that belong to the same team with the guy wrote their rubbish as comments!
* Audit report exposes over N3tr fraud at NNPC, ONSA
* Day 700: Chibok Girls, girl kidnappings, underage marriages and a remedy
* Mixed fortunes as electricity generation hits 4,068MW
* Four ex-ministers, ex-gov named in N3.1b EFCC probe
* Commission to begin sitting on Shiites, soldiers clash
* Ese Oruru: Yunusa returns to prison custody
* Nigeria targets 2030 to end gas flaring
Monday, 14 March 2016
Judge Orders Release of Dasuki’s Military Aide … Warns EFCC, Army Against Impunity, Unlawful Detentions
A Judge of Abuja High Court, sitting in Jabi has ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and the Nigerian Army (NA), to release a serving Colonel Nicholas Ashinze who was Military Assistant to former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
Colonel Ashinze who was detained before resuming his new posting as Defence Attaché in Germany, has been in detention since December 23, 2015.
In a judgment today, Justice Yusuf Haliru, directed the respondents to immediately release the applicant on self-recognition, saying his detention for over three months without trial, was “illegal, wrongful, unlawful and constituted a blatant violation of the fundamental rights of the applicant.”
The court also ordered immediate release of documents and items the anti-graft agency seized from the house of the applicant.
Justice Haliru who cautioned the EFCC and the Army which he said acted as if Nigeria was still under military dictatorship said: “The EFCC is a creation of the law. The court will not allow it to act as if it is above the law. It is remarkable to note that the motto of the EFCC is that nobody is above the law, yet they are acting as if they are above the law.
“The EFCC Act is not superior to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The respondents in this matter have not behaved as if we are in a civilised society. They have behaved as if we are in a military dictatorship where they arrest and release persons at will.”
The judge said the constitution stipulated that any person so detained should be charged to court within reasonable time not exceeding two months from the date of arrest.
Justice Haliru stressed that under section 36 of the 1999 constitution, as amended, an accused person is deemed innocent until his guilt is established. He therefore asked: “Why has the 1st respondent kept the applicant without bringing him to court? Why was the applicant, being a serving military officer who could be easily reached, not granted administrative bail? Or is it that the applicant has been found guilty and already serving his jail term?
“Nobody should be subjected to the whims and caprices of the EFCC.
“The essence of the rule of law and constitutional provisions is to ensure a just balance between the ruler and the ruled, between the powerful and the weak.
“Though the EFCC has the responsibility to investigate financial crime, it must however conduct its operations in accordance with the rule of law. “The court is empowered to guard against improper use of power by any member of the society or agency, EFCC inclusive.
“The detention of the applicant, for all intent and purposes, is not just unfair but unfortunate
"We all support the fight against corruption but it must not be done with utter impunity and disregard to rule of law. The right to personal liberty is guaranteed every citizen of Nigeria by our constitution
Why has the first respondent fail to bring the applicant to court since December 2015? Is it that the first, second and third respondents already sentenced the applicant to jail in their own court.
“The continued detention of the applicant since December is a blatant violation of his fundamental human right.
The Justice Haliru thereafter declared that: “The respondents are hereby ordered to release the applicant."
Their latest effort to malign our leader is an attempt to drag Otunba Adams before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC) over various baseless allegations published in the national dailies of Monday, March 14, 2016.