ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Saturday 25 October 2014

"She Goes Out Without My Permission; I Want The Court To End Our Marriage" - Husband

A 35-year-old civil servant, Gwari Abdul, has urged a Mararaba Upper Area Court in Lafia, Nasarawa State, to dissolve his marriage to his wife, Mary, for disrespecting him.

The petitioner told the court that he married his wife in 2006 according to the native law and customs, but that she had always disrespected him.


“I have cautioned my wife to quit going out without seeking my permission, but she has refused to listen to me and I can sense that she is no longer the woman I used to know,” he said.

Gwari also told the court that his wife’s parents were aware of the matter and she had always promised to change whenever they called them for settlement.

“But, after some days, she was always continuing with her disrespectful ways,” he said of the marriage, which produced two children.

“I want an end to this marriage because my wife does not listen to my instructions any longer and she has refused to change from her bad behaviour. I also want custody of my two children,” the husband added.

The wife, however, opposed the petition, saying she was still interested in the marriage.

“The problem we have is lack of understanding. But I will try my possible best to see to it that things work out between us for the sake of my children,” Mary said.

She, however, asked the court for an adjournment of the case so as to enable her reconcile with her husband.

The judge, Mr Vincent Gwehemba, adjourned the case to November 3 for a report on the promised settlement or a continuation of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment