ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Monday 20 October 2014

"I Have A Policeman Lover, And My Husband Is Aware" - Wife

A 48-year-old church treasurer, Mr Idris Abiodun, has prayed an Igando Customary Court in Lagos, Lagos State, to dissolve his marriage over alleged constant theft of church money by his wife.

Idris, who is also a civil servant, told the court that his wife of four years, Toyin, stole both his personal money and that of the church in his custody.

“Anytime I come home with money,
my wife will steal some notes. By the time I take the money back to the church, it will be incomplete and I always pay for the missing money,” he said.

Idris also added that 45-year-old Toyin threatened the life of his first wife until she died.

“When my first wife was alive, she always called her a barren woman, and vowed that she would never conceive.

“When she was sick and admitted in a hospital, Toyin sent a message to her that she would never come back home,” he said.

He also accused her of adultery.

“She made a confession to me that she was dating a policeman and that she used a ring that would prevent her from getting pregnant for man.”

Idris told the court he was no longer interested in the union.

Responding, Toyin, a teacher, did not deny the allegation of adultery but denied stealing and having a hand in the death of her husband’s first wife.

“I have a police boyfriend and I told my husband about it,” Toyin told the court.

The mother of two said that Idris used to be beat her anytime she refused to have sex with him.

“I always refuse him sex because he is having Facebook friends,” she said.

She consented to the dissolution of the marriage, saying she no longer loved Idris.

The court President, Mr R.I. Adeyeri, adjourned the case to October 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment