ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Saturday 30 August 2014

JULIET IBRAHIM speaks on crashed marriage and relationship with IK


juliet-ibrahim


Screen diva, Juliet Ibrahim is inching into the music industry with the release of the audio and video of her It’s Over Now work which features General Pype.
She’s now neck deep in the awareness campaign and for her NGO, Juliet Ibrahim Foundation. In this interview with ENCOMIUM Weekly, the ravishingly pretty mother of a four year old son told us where she’s headed after her crashed marriage and more…
What is new with you?
I am currently promoting my new music video called It’s Over Now which features General Pype. I also completed the production of my second self produced movie, Shattered Romance. I have recently been signed on as the Africa Magic Go Ambassador too. So, I have been very busy with the brand as well.
How have you been enjoying the movie Industry?
It’s been 10 wonderful years in the movie industry and it’s been awesome so far.
How would you rate your career over the years?
Splendid!
wpid-Juliet-n-HubbyWhat has been the challenge?
Maintaining the image as a role model that I have carved for myself over the years.
Would you say you are at the peak of your career and why?
No, I wouldn’t say so. This is the starting point of my career.
You just featured in a Yoruba movie, how does it feel?
Wonderful! I had to speak Yoruba in the movie. It was fun learning Yoruba on set and working with the director, Lancelot Imasuen and producer Mercy Aigbe.
Is it your first experience?
It is my first Yoruba movie but right after that I was called to do another movie and I played a Yoruba girl named Lolade where I also had to speak a bit of Yoruba. The movie is called One Night Stand.
How will you describe the experience?
Enlightening and fun.
What were the challenges of getting the role interpreted?
I played a lawyer in Mercy Aigbe’s movie; I am a versatile actress, hence I am always prepared for any character. I am also good at learning languages so, it didn’t take me long to learn my Yoruba lines. I speak French and Spanish fluently.
How did you get the script?
I was called by Mercy Aigbe to play a role in her movie.
How much was involved?
That’s personal.
How does it feel working with the likes of Mercy Aigbe and Fathia Balogun, Olu Jacobs and many more?
I have shot over three movies with Uncle Olu Jacobs, he is a fantastic actor. Mercy is a purely talented woman. She is a great actress and a good woman and friend.
What is your opinion about the movie?
Life After Marriage is a must watch movie. This movie is intriguing and it’s very different from the rest of the predicable stories out there. The director is also one of Nigeria’s best, Lancelot Imasuen.
Tell us about your role in the movie?
I played the role of a lawyer; human rights activist and feminist.
You just got divorced, what really happened?
I am divorced and I don’t intend discussing it. It didn’t work out based on irreconcilable differences and we decided to go our separate ways.
Juliet-Ibrahim-June-2014-BellaNaija.com-01What is your reaction to the tale of being in a fresh romance with I.K Ogbonna?
I have no reaction. I am in the public eye, I hear stories about myself every morning. You shouldn’t expect me to react to everything I hear or read?
What do you think would have informed the rumour?
I believe the media needs to focus on more important issues at the moment such as the deadly Ebola virus; please, help create awareness and stop bothering yourselves about rumours.
How are you rocking motherhood?
My son is almost four years and as you can see I am doing great!
What would you count as the joys of motherhood?
Having a child of your own is a blessing from God. That alone is my joy.
What next should your fans expect from you?
The release of my movie, The Number One Fan on DVD this year and the release of my movie, Shattered Romance in cinemas. I am also dropping my third music video before the year ends. My fans should also help create awareness about the Ebola virus and let us all practice good hygiene.
I am also about to launch my awareness campaign for my NGO, Juliet Ibrahim Foundation. For more info, you can visit www.julietibrahimfoundation.org. Thanks.
- DOLAPO AMODENI
SOURCE:NATIONAL ENCOMIUM

No comments:

Post a Comment