ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Thursday 20 March 2014

LASU GRADUATE LAMENTS, SENDS OPEN LETTER TO VC


In a recent report in Nairaland, a LASU graduate wrote an open letter to his VC as shown below:

Dear Prof. John Oladapo Obafunwa,

I don't know what is motivating me to write you sir, but I'm sure I'm writing without even thinking of the next word to write.


I am an ambassador of Lagos State University and I will forever. It was celebrations when I was admitted because I wanted to equip myself with the adequate knowledge so as to be useful to myself my family and the society at large.

Myself and my colleagues suffered in LASU. I do not want to go into details but in February 2010 we all celebrated because we felt - finally we are free and we would enjoy the fruit of our labour because in that month we wrote our final papers.

February 2011, February 2012, February 2013, February 2014. Four (4) long wasted years, our fate is yet to be known. No Results, No Certificates, No Jobs and I will beg to ask if there is a future. We are getting old, loosing hope. Professor Sunday Otokiti gave us a gist but it was kind of late, it was in our final year.

He instilled in us the spirit of entrepreneur ship. Such needs time to sink in. Majority of us gave entrepreneur a try not out of interest but frustration. We are still grateful to him. A role model.

This is no threat, but are we to start demonstrating on the roads or vandalizes the property of our beloved school because the school have failed us? How can the people in charge of our results and certificates go to bed in peace every night for the past four years knowing they have put on hold the lives of thousands of student who had trusted in their persons and institution?

Four years, four long years. What will happen to the men amongst us, who needs to build a family, cater to siblings and old parents? I saw one of us selling cheap phone chargers right in front of Lasu gate. How about the females amongst us, who is that man today ready to marry a liability? Are we to conclude that LASU is out to destroy lives?

I personally passed the aptitude test in Tantalizers Head Office. I went through 5 interview sessions while others were just interviewed once. Why was my case different? They said I graduated from lasu and at the end of the 5th interview, I was asked to present my papers. I gave the man my folder having my O'level certificates, my lasu admission letter and a departmental "to whom" in it and he asked for my certificate. I said its in view. Next, he called "next person please" and that was the end.

That's just one of my many stories and many of us also has stories to tell. Sad stories.

Help us please. Help us to move on in our lives. Help us to be able to carry out our respective responsibilities. Four years is too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment