ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Wednesday 5 March 2014

"I'm Paid to Do the Job, I’m Bound to Deliver" — Gov. Amaechi



Rivers State governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that it was his constitutional obligation to the people of the state to deliver on infrastructure and spend public funds judiciously.
He said it was also his constitutional responsibility to ensure the safety of lives and property in the state.
He spoke during an inspection tour to Elioparanwo and Ogbogoro roads in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.
Amaechi said: “I’m paid to do this job.  I’m employed by the Rivers people, so I’m bound to deliver. The responsibility of a governor is to deliver on infrastructure, the lives and well-being of the citizens and ensure that they have security.
“You can’t have government money in your kitty and not be able to utilise it.  You must deploy it to the development of the people. It’s about priority, what you choose to do.”
He urged the contractor on site to ensure that the Elioparanwo Road which is 3.25 kilometres long was completed before the rainy season.
He appealed to the people to identify with the ruling All Progressives Congress in the state, describing the APC as the vehicle for change in the state and country.

“The people of APC are progressives. APC is progressive. All of us are progressives, so you can’t like me and not like APC. Yes, they may like me for who I am, but they should also like APC for the fact that we bring change.  I represent change and the people should also like APC for being a vehicle for change,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment