ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Friday 12 February 2016

METRONEWS SPECIAL: UNMASKING PRINCESS TOYIN KOLADE




 For a writer, writing about the person you hold close to your heart is usually a sweet experience,but that joy is cut short when you find out that you have so much to say but little have been written,this is my pain as i made attempt to write about this epitome of simplicity and humility. Im talking about this Amazon who over the years ensured she made outstanding strides with the work of life that God threw at her.


Call her a socialite,a business woman,a prophetess,a multi tasking dynamite,and more,those words describe the person of Princess Toyin Kolade,the celebrated CEO of Fisolak Global Resources,Fisolak Royal Furniture,Arikay Oil and Gas,all located in the heart of Apapa area of Lagos.



How can i ever forget about her very busy hospitality and events outfit, Anchor Place located on the ever busy Lateef Jakande Way,Agidingbi,Ikeja


A rare hard worker,dedicated house wife,loving mother and a prayer warrior, i have been blessed and witnessed her prophetic actions and came to the conclusion that it can only be the grace of God to bless his subject with a rich grace of humility and simplicity.





This Princess from Ilesha, Osun State is not only blessed,she has made herself a blessing to those who have been lucky to come across her. With a radiant smile for everyone, it is a wonder how she has been able to come out tops in a male dominated environment considering her exploits in the maritime sector.




Her greatest asset is safe to say include her kids and her ever loving and supportive husband. Please read this encounter with her and judge for your self........


Can you tell us about yourself?

I’m Princess Oluwatoyin Kolade, the CEO of Fisolak Nigeria Limited. We are active in the maritime sector; we are involved in import and export businesses, clearing and forwarding, oil and gas, marinetime consultancy, interior furnishings and hospitality business. We are also involved in importation and sales of electronics and we have a franchise with Samsung in South Korea. Aside all these, we are also involved in construction.

You once said you became a millionaire at age 21. How did you achieve that feat?

To become a millionaire is very easy, you just need to be hard-working, focused and be prayerful. From the beginning of my life, I worked very hard. I would say l inherited the business acumen from my mother when I used to follow her to her shop. She discovered my business sense at a tender age and encouraged me to follow my destiny. I remember vividly, I was a major distributor of soya beans from the North as well as maize distributor. At that tender age, I had already started making good money for myself.

At that age, were you not scared of such money?

I was an intelligent girl at that age and I was able to manage the funds and the business with little supervision from my mother. I never ran at a loss because I studied the terrain of the business thoroughly. We thank God for where we are today.

If you had not been in this your business line, what would you have been doing?

I would have loved to be in the medical line; I mean be a medical doctor.

Why?

I just have this natural passion for the profession. However, since I was able to identify that my potentials and destiny was in business, I have since followed it up.

Princess Toyin Kolade,her hubby and family friends 
With your busy itinerary, how do you take care of your home front?

I try as much as possible to create time for my kids and my husband because I love them more than anything in this world; they mean the whole world to me. They are the reasons I live and exist. So before I set out for the day, I wake up as early as possible to prepare their breakfast before I leave home for my office. I also outline their schedules and delegate trusted hands that will execute my instructions. All in all, I ensure my family comes first before anything.

What are the values that come with being a celebrity?

The painful aspect of it is that many people are bent on bringing you down irrespective of your success, so you need to be very careful about those you mingle with. While the gain is that everybody wants to associate themselves with you, a thing that has been of tremendous boost to my business…

You seem to be visible in major social events, what do you derive from it?

Nothing, other than just enjoying my life outside my work. I don’t attend all the parties that I get invitations for, I only attend a few. But if I don’t attend your party, I will definitely support you.

How do you give back to the society?

I spend a lot in giving back to the society because I hate seeing people suffer around me. But I would not like to say all these on the pages of newspaper. My reward is in heaven because I will continue to do it until I leave this world.

Looking back at your life’s journey, what were the challenges you encountered along the way?

There were the good, the bad and the ugly. First, I had the challenge of having true friends, I mean people I can leave my issues with and go to sleep. I have met bad people that I can never trust again while some people can be full of lies. For instance, some time ago, I travelled to Dubai with a friend of mine. Though I had another business in mind, she encouraged me to buy something else, that she would create the market for it; that I didn’t need to look for buyers for the goods. I believed her and bought the goods. When we came back to Nigeria, she started avoiding me. Eventually, I sold those goods at a loss. Besides, I have also been challenged with competent and dedicated personell to work with; there’s also the challenge of electricity as well as others in terms of business activities and development. I pray God to help us out in this country.

Do men intimidate you in your line of business?

As I speak to you now, it is no longer dominated by men. The ratio is now 50/50 and that is because we – the women – are even doing better than men; people rely more on women than the men because we are good business managers.

How supportive is your husband in all these?

He has been very supportive. If I should start on that, we won’t leave here because they are endless. He has justified the saying that he who also finds a husband has found a good man because he is indeed and really a good man.

All these adjectives and biblical quotes for him?

He even deserves much more than that. You see, I’m happily married to the best man in the world, the best love of my life. I love my husband and I have devoted all my love to him till death do us part because he has also done the same for me. He loves me, he is and always been there for me as a man in terms of anything a woman could think of. He is a good man, very trustworthy, hardworking, loving and understanding. If I come back to this world again, I will definitely go for him because he has justified all I ever needed in a man. So what else can I ask for again?

How did you meet him?

We met in the Church.

At a prayer session or night vigil?

Never mind, but we met in the Church.

What attracted you to him; was it love at first sight?

His good looks! He is a very handsome man and I appreciate that in him. As I set my eyes on him for the first time, something tickled my fancy while I also got this divine impulse from God who told me: ‘that is your husband’. As soon as I was able to convince myself of what I was hearing, I went for him straight, and our love started.

How did he propose?

(…laughs) normal toasting.

I mean the marriage proposal?

Ohh… it’s the normal proposal a man would make to a woman now.

No candles, flowers and what have you?

My husband is the simple, quiet and reserved type. He expresses his love more through actions and gestures than words.

How emotionally attracted were both of you at this period?

Very strong, the emotional attraction was divine and automatic. As soon as we set eyes on each other, the love and other emotional factors just flowed freely making everything to fall into their right places.

So would you say love has been fair to you?

Of course, yes. Love has been fair to me because I have a loving husband. I would say I’m lucky to have met him because it is an opportunity many do not have. He is a good husband and a caring father to his children. He is a complete and devoted family man that would spare nothing to take care of his family.

How do you settle your quarrels?

Like every other marriage, we have also had our own challenges, our ups and downs but we’ve been clever enough to manage our home without the intervention of a third party. You see, understanding is the key to any successful marriage. As a wife, you need to be submissive and learn how to say sorry whenever the need arises.

What do you like most about your husband?

I like everything about him.

How romantic are you?

I’m highly romantic but I believe my husband is in the best position to answer that question. Unlike before, I was 118 kilo; I had to quickly work on my weight and size to look more like a sweet sixteen so that my husband will not look outside. He appreciates me more now because he knows he has a beautiful wife.

What would not like to be caught with?

I won’t like to be caught having extra- marital affair because I detest it like a plaque. I love my husband dearly, so why would I go into that?

You were already rich before you got married, how easy was it for you to settle down?

It is God that arranged it for me. It was love at first sight between my husband and I. He is very trustworthy and smiles a lot. This is what I like about him. He is always counselling, advising and directing me. In fact, people often refer to us as siamese twins.

Does your husband at any time feel threatened by your success?

No! I have a supportive husband. He is an asset to my various businesses with his invaluable inputs.

Where do you see your business in the nearest future?

Seeing Fisolak becoming a household name in the world and seeing myself impact more positively on people’s life because I derive a lot of satisfaction impacting on peoples’ lives.

What more can one add? Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the amazing world of Princess Toyin Kolade,the Iyalaje of Apapa,a strong supporter of the Nigeria media,entertainment and religious sector.

The concluding part of her interaction with us will come your way soon.

We will keep u posted.
Additional report by Funsho Akinwale

No comments:

Post a Comment