ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Friday 16 October 2015

"My Suffering will be a blessing if it will liberate my people"-ChiefOlu Falae

...As Gani Adams Makes Case For State Police

The former Secretary to the Federal Government,Chief Olu Falae today said he will consider his suffering a blessing if his people will be liberated from the shackles of normadic Fulani cattle men who have decided to overstay their welcome in South West.
He stated this today when the National Cordinator of Oodua People's Congress and Convener Oodua Progressive Union, Otunba Gani Adams,paid him a courtesy visit to sympathise with him over his ordeal in the hands of Fulani kidnappers recently. 
Chief Falae told Otunba Adams and his entourage that the aim of the terrorist gang that came for him was to maim and kill him. "Before they got to my office in the farm, they shot at my car hoping I'm in the car, when that did not work, they aimed a cutlass strike at my accountant thinking it was me,he dodged it but lost his ear in the process, that was when they came right into my office and attacked me with cutlass, slapped and tore my dress before dragging me away.
We trecked from Akure to Owo following bush and swampy areas on my bare legs till we got to an area close to Ifon".
When asked what he think can be done to curb the menace of such groups, he revealed that his ordeal was just one out of several occurrences which many people have suffered in their hand including rape, looting and outright killing.
He revealed that the noise generated after his kidnap especially the likes of Otunba Gani Adams and other Socio cultural groups in South West and that of Yoruba Summit that was recently held in Ibadan,led to the  prompt arrest of the gang members.He confirmed that those paraded by the Police have been identified by him, "I could identify one that wanted to shoot at me before he was pushed away by another gang member, one of them even told me that if I say negative things about them,they will come back and destroy my farm, which they did just 48hrs after I was released, the next day, I told my people to resist them which made them run away".
While sympathizing with Chief Falae, Otunba Gani Adams expressed concern that if a 77 year old man can be dealt with like that, what then can be done to the younger generation. "It is an insult that such a revered elder statesman can be so harrased in his own land,he is not just an elder, he has been Secretary to the Federal Government, Former Finance Minister,a Permanent Secretary and Presidential Candidate,if he can be kept for 7 days what then can happen to ordinary citizens?". He restated his stand that President Buhari should implement all the 633 recommendations contained in the documents of the National Conference which fully addressed security,and other important sectors that can move this country forward. "Incidentally, Chief Falae was the leader of the South West Delegation at the Conference which recommended state policing.State Police will address the issue of kidnapping as rampant as it is in the East, same for the security challenges being witnessed in the South West, even the issue of Boko Haram in the North can easily be tackled, who can handle the problems of Boko Haram in the North than the people of various States that are affected on the basis of State Police? 
This does not eradicate the normal Federal Police operations as practised  in US, Brazil,Canada, South Africa and many other countries with large population ,rather they will face the challenges of Federal crimes, and I ask,who can secure Zambisa forest than the people of Maiduguri? ".
Members of Otunba Gani Adams entourage include, Victor Mobolaji Adewale, OPU Europe Deputy Coordinator, Alhaji Gani Oshindele, coordinator of OPU Scandinavia,Dauda Adewusi Osho,Gambia OPU coordinator, Ondo state OPC Coordinator, Rotimi Akinsowon and others.



No comments:

Post a Comment