ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Wednesday 20 August 2014

‘There is no law that says I must marry before having babies’ - Actress GRACE AMAH

 

Grace Amah (2)
NOLLYWOOD actress, Grace Amah is not yet ready to unveil the father of her baby.  The role interpreter, shortly after she gave birth to her son in 2011, in the UK disappeared.  She later returned and went missing again, a development she described as giving her son the time needed to grow very well.
She was at an event recently where ENCOMIUM Weekly spoke with her about her career and baby.
Grace Amah with son
Grace Amah with son
What are you working on presently?
Considering the fact that I just returned to the scene, I have been doing some jobs, had some endorsements as well. I am one of the ambassadors of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and 4NL (For New Lagos).  Some artistes came together to form this group to campaign for change in Lagos, to do charity, to reach out to the youths.  With time, we will get other places.
Are you indirectly endorsing Jimi Agbaje for Lagos governor?
We are not politicians.  We came together for change.  We need new things in Lagos, education, politics, general things.  It is for a new Nigeria, we only started in Lagos.  This is where we earn our living with time we will reach other places.  For Jimi Agbaje?  Yes, we are endorsing him.
Are there monetary compensation for this endorsement?
We are for New Lagos.  We are only supporting him because we know he is an eligible candidate.  He is credible.  We know he can actually do it.  We know we can work with him for the New Lagos we all want.  We are going to gain from it of course.  If we are working, we are expected to gain from our work.
You talked about returning to the scene, where have you been anyway?
I have been abroad.  I travelled out to have my baby.  I came back a long time ago and when I came back, I had to give my son enough time.  It’s not all about having a baby, it’s about giving that baby your time to grow, bring him up in a good way.
There is this controversy that you are not married before having the baby?
It is nobody’s business, it’s my life.
So, when are you going to get married?
When the time comes I will surely get married.
Would you call your having the baby a mistake?
I don’t know what you call mistake.  Who says I must be married before having a baby?  Why is it an issue?  And there is no compulsion for me to come to the world and announce who the father of my child is.  It is about my life.
Your fans are concerned?
Yes, I agree but it shouldn’t be something I am mandated to do.
Who are the suitors at the moment?
They are many.  I am a beautiful girl.
So, who among them is qualified?
The father of my son is most qualified enough.
While away, don’t you think you must have missed a lot?
I don’t think so.  There is time for everything and for me having my baby is one of such times.  It’s not worth it being in the public eyes and I can live my life as I want, living my life as I want also includes having my baby.  Now that I am back I am going to recover all I have lost.
You have one now, how many more are you planning to have?
As many as God gives me.
Does your height discourage you from doing certain things?  Is it a disadvantage?
It doesn’t give me setback, I am wonderfully and fearfully made. It is not everybody that must be of the same height.  I appreciate God, I don’t have regret.
What do you use to keep your skin glowing and beautiful?
I don’t have a beauty routine.  I live as I like, I am beautiful with or without makeup.  I love my natural skin.
What are your staying power in the industry?
The grace of God that is just the edge I have.  The grace of God works for me.  It is not easy to get out of a particular environment for a long time and still be relevant in the industry.
How much do you charge now for a movie script?
I demand what I am due to get.
Many of your colleagues are now getting roles in Hollywood movies, when are you going to get yours?
I will get back all I have lost.
-               FOLUSO SAMUEL
SOURCE:National Encomium

No comments:

Post a Comment