ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Monday 26 May 2014

TOP ACTORS STORM PORT HARCOURT FOR BON AWARDS’ CHILDREN’S DAY READING


President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ibinabo Fiberesima, would lead other star actors like Joseph Benjamin, Mercy Aigbe, Tamara Eteimo, Alex Ekubo and Yomi Fash Lanso among others to Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Children’s Day, May 27th for a reading and mentoring session as part of activities lined up for the 2014 Best of Nollywood, BON, awards. The Rivers State government is the host of this year’s award. Other celebrities lined up to be part of the Children’s Day event are Sylva Oluchi, OC Ukeje, Dayo Amusa and BON Revelation of the Year 2013, Laitan Ogungbile.
According to Fiberesima, a Rivers State native, “I am a Port Harcourt babe and I love the city like I love life itself. That’s why I am excited about returning home on May 27th to be part of the Best of Nollywood Reading and Mentoring session with secondary school students who are the next generation of change makers.” Eteimo, regarded as one of Nollywood’s fastest rising actresses, said, “I couldn’t have come this far in my acting career without the influence and impact of Port Harcourt. It is for this that I’m really excited to be going back to my roots to share with the secondary school students some of the secrets that have propelled me this far. I’m sure the kids would learn a lot from I and my colleagues.” A Theatre Arts graduate of the University of Port Harcourt, Eteimo is the 2011 winner of the Next Movie Star and was a nominee in the last edition of BON awards.
Equally excited about the event is actor and host of the popular music reality show, MTN Project Fame, Benjamin. He said, “I am a beneficiary of mentorship from people that I admire and adulate in the industry and beyond. So, at any point in time that I am called upon to mentor young ones or impart my success nuggets on those who look up to me, I don’t shy away from it. For me, this is one such platform to continue in the mentoring tradition.”
The executive producer, BON awards, Seun Oloketuyi, said, “I am humbled by the eagerness of these respected actors to give back to youths in Port Harcourt. The celebrity reading session with secondary school students is the first of a variety of activities preceding the BON awards proper in October. The chosen celebrities are past winners and nominees of the BON awards with the exception of Ms Fiberesima who is a passionate supporter of everything Nollywood and is, of course, President of the AGN. We look forward to an exciting time with the kids in Port Harcourt on Children’s Day.” Oloketuyi further disclosed that the wife of the Rivers State Governor, Lady Judith Amaechi, is the special guest of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment