ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Monday 10 April 2017

The Uber Driver That Endured Relentless Tirade From Passenger Gets Rewarded

Recently, an ordinary Uber driver made international news headlines when dashcam footage captured a rude, drunken passenger unleashing a torrent of verbal abuse at him. The woman’s shockingly racist and hurtful tirade could have sent anyone into a furious meltdown; but the as-yet-unnamed driver remained calm and collected in the face of the shocking language and threats of violent action.


The woman featured in the video has since received a lifetime ban from the tech company, and it’s hard to deny that it’s very much deserved. Many of us who viewed the upsetting footage, however, might be wondering what exactly happened to the poor driver after he endured that horrible abuse.


This unfortunate Uber driver became something of a celebrity last week after he filmed the false rape accusation and racial epithets he endured from a drunken customer, all because he didn’t have a phone charger in his car. Since then, he has come out of the woodwork and featured in a new video. 

Sitting in the same car featured in the viral video, he states that he met with Uber officials on Friday at the company headquarters to explain the situation to them, and has been subsequently rewarded for his stoicism.

As a token of the tech firm’s appreciation, the driver’s bosses rewarded him with a lifetime supply of phone chargers. “I bet I will never have a problem of a charger anymore”, he stated in the video. He  added that he was given a undiclosed sum of cash as a bonus, and was also commended for recording the incident. Hopefully, doing so will encourage other drivers to resolve issues with customers who report allegations to the police.


“I didn’t trust that girl enough to turn off the phone and call the cops and then turn it back on … she was already lying; she could say anything she wanted when I turned off the phone,” he stated. “What she failed to understand is that I came here legally. … I don’t do drugs, I don’t drink. I don’t fight, I don’t be in trouble. I don’t do none of that sh*t. I just work to make a living.”

He added; “I got a message for every single Uber driver out there: You better invest in a f*cking dashcam, bro, cause being an Uber driver is putting your life in jeopardy if you don’t have a dashcam. It could save your life. It saved my life.”

This isn’t the first time, however, that the story of an Uber ride has gotten a lot of attention on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment