ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Friday 22 April 2016

I have a Senator -By Bola Agboola



Duro Samuel Faseyi  is the senator representing my senatorial district,  Ekiti North Senatorial District.  He is a PDP member I revere so much.  He is from a very humble background,  he suffered while growing up, he experienced lack and want, he knows the definition of lack and want, perhaps the reason he's been so voracious in liberating people from the shackles of poverty. 

He was a member of the House of Representatives between 2003 and 2011 representing Ekiti North Federal Constituency II. He is one man that knows how to lobby for his people, he understands the politics of the National Assembly!

No doubt the National Assembly is a place where laws are made, Duro Faseyi has literally turned that place to where 'jobs' are manufactured.  I mean jobs that empower and liberate people for life. Let me keep quiet here before enemies of progress in this administration attempts to stop the flow. We are now in the opposition. 

One can point to more than a hundred that he 'liberated' as a HOR member between 2003 and 2011, I have friends amongst them. Friends that have become Men. Without mincing words, the Muhammadu Buhari is one with neither policy nor economic direction, yet within a year, my senator has started his wonders once again. 

I was at Iludun yesterday, his hometown where he publicly appreciated his people,  the people of Ekiti North Senatorial District(Ikole, Oye, Ilejemeje, Ido/Osi and Moba LGAs) with cars and other meaningful items. That's not where I am going.  As I was moving up and down the empowerment venue in the scorching sun (trust me, that sun was not ordinary), I ran across a friend of mine who told me the reason I haven't been seeing him around is because Duro Faseyi recently helped him secure a FG job at XYZ agency.

I am not from Iludun,  I am not from Ilejemeje LG but Duro has touched another of my friends' life. Beeni ti e ri..., that's his person! That's my definition of emancipation, that's my definition of Heroism! My definition of 'freedom' might be different from yours, this is politics, interests differ, so let me go back to the nitty-gritty of what happened at Iludun yesterday.  

My senator came to his people with 10 cars, one of the cars has become 'talk of the town' in Ido Osi by reason of whom the beneficiary is. Duro came home with over 56 tricycles(they call it keke Duro), over 25 medium sized generators, over 25 motorcycles, hundreds of sewing machines,  hundreds of grinding machines,  tools for artisans including mechanic and tiler's tools(tiling is the new vocation in town), cutlasses and files for farmers, rainboots and thousands of reflective jackets for Okada riders.

Did I say something about bursary awards for undergraduates? Ohh, he did that too... Three undergraduates per ward were given 10k each across the 56 wards that constitute Ekiti North Senatorial District.  Widows were taken care of, 5 per ward it was, SA Widow Empowerment to Governor Ayodele Fayose, Mrs. Funmiajayi Ogun Orin was there behind our mothers, God bless you.  Our traditional rulers (across Ekiti North), 73 in all got their "Kolas", Local government party chairmen smiled even as each ward chairman got his due.

All these done, human needs remain insatiable, a lot is still left to be done,  Senator Duro Faseyi don't seem to be oblivious of these facts, this is obvious from his welcome address when he said "I wish to congratulate beneficiaries in this edition and appeal that these items be used conscientiously for the betterment of themselves and their community. If I had my way, everybody will benefit,  nonetheless, for those of you who did not make the list this time, you are not forgotten, another edition is around the corner".

That is a man who knows where the shoe pinches, a man who will continue to strive at putting smile on faces.  Today is Friday 22nd day of April, 2016, in 2 days, precisely, Sunday 24th day of April, 2016, my senator,  Duro Samuel Faseyi will be 60 years of age. I join millions of well wishers the world over to wish 'The Distinguished Senator' Happy Birthday,  Long Life and Prosperity in Good Health and Sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment