ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Friday 11 September 2015

PMPARROTNG:Gani Adams Completes University Education, Says I’m Now More Prepared To Serve Yoruba Nation



​This season is a season of joy and celebration for the Coordinator of Oodua Peoples’ Congress (OPC) in Nigeria, Otunba Gani Adams as he recently completed his University education and bagged a degree in Political Science from the Lagos State University.
Otunba Gani Adams, who had a ‘chance meeting’ with our correspondent somewhere in Ekiti State recently could not hide his elation because of the completion of his degree programme. He further disclosed that he decided to go to the University to acquire more knowledge in order to upgrade his profile and change the perception of some individuals who are fond of looking down on him and others without university education.

PMParrotng gathered that, Otunba Gani Adams was a diploma holder before he wrote his final examination earlier this year to complete his course in Political Science.
According to him, “your profile matters a lot as it will help you to get what you are pursuing in future. There are many wealthy people in the society without requisite qualification that will enhance their profile. If you go through their biography you will find nothing there and the society has the penchant to start looking down on them.
“If you look at my profile, you will find that I had only a diploma and psychologically this used to affect me and that is what prompted me to insist that I must have a degree and I enrolled at the Lagos State University to study Political Science.”
“Another thing that will upgrade your profile is the Chieftaincy titles and awards you received. When I was being given Chieftaincy titles, some leaders taught I was wasting money and indeed, I will say it on this platform that I never lobbied for any of these chieftaincy titles. Presently, I have been conferred with 39 chieftaincy titles in Ibadan and Benin Republic. I was conferred as the Jagun Oluode of Ibadanland and during the installation, the Otun Olubadan of Ibadan land represented the Olubadan. I have also received about 233 awards both locally and internationally.”
Speaking on the importance of these awards and chieftaincy titles, Otunba Gani Adams pointed out that those awards and traditional titles were bestowed on him based on his contributions and promotion of Yoruba culture in particular, stressing that they have really upgraded his status and helped him when he had a case in court.
Said he, “I could recollect that when I was to be granted bail in Abuja, my Lawyer referred the court to the Chieftaincy title I received to convince the court that I would not jump bail if I was granted bail because of the importance attached to it and I was granted bail based on that recognition. This is what the white men want in their lives not money. If you are not educated no matter how wealthy you are, people will not recognize and respect you.”
He, however, concluded that with the degree he has bagged, it would be difficult for anybody to look down on him or refer to him as a ‘thug’, adding that he was ready to face the challenges that may confront him in life, and most importantly, he is now ready to fight the many battles ahead of the Yoruba people.
Packaged by Dapo Oyewole

No comments:

Post a Comment