ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Sunday 16 August 2015

The Identical Twins Now Different After One Became transgender


As children Robert and William Haddock would regularly be pictured together with their matching outfits and identical smiles.But today that picture is very different.The boys may have grown up as identical twins but Robert always knew he was in the wrong body.

At the age of 18 he made the brave decision to change his name to Mary and she has not looked back since.



'I knew from a young age that something wasn't right. I knew that I was going to be different,' Ms Haddock-Staniland told Daily Mail Australia.'It was hideous growing up, really difficult. My brother was in to every sport. I hated sport, I'm really bad. I had no concept of a cricket ball or basketball ball. 'The only sport I did was swimming and that's because I didn't have to touch anyone. 'I was in to jazz ballet and playing with dolls.
The strong relationship between the twins started to become strained as they grew older and they eventually stopped speaking for five years.

But after years of deterioration the twins, who will turn 33 in a few weeks, have been working on mending their relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment