ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Monday 27 July 2015

Obasanjo Describes Wole Soyinka As ASuccessful Guinea Fowl Hunter


Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Nobel Laurete, Wole Soyinka have not stopped hitting on each other at every available opportunity. Speaking to Channels TV's 'Book Club' yesterday, where Obasanjo was interviewed about his controversial book 'My Watch' where he also trashed Soyinka, Obasanjo said what he wrote about the literary icon in his book was purely his view about Soyinka.
“Wole Soyinka is a gifted man. I have always acknowledged that but he is a bad politician and I have also always said that. That is my own point of view. He may agree with it, he may not agree with it. But having said that, I also, in my book, bring out Wole Soyinka as I see him and that’s my own judgment; that’s my own perspective of him. He may agree, he may not agree but anybody can bring out his own perspective of me. For instance, I know that if I want somebody to give me the best wine, one of the people I will go to is Wole Soyinka and I know he has a taste for good wine and I said that in the book.” he said. 
“For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him. His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do. He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more successful aparo (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic."

No comments:

Post a Comment