ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Thursday 2 January 2014

Opeyemi Replies Sen. Ojudu


My immediate reaction to the tissue of lies stacked together in form of a press statement by Mr. Femi Ojudu, a supposed distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was not to dignify him with a response since it is common knowledge that he is an itinerant attention seeker but after receiving calls from several peace loving people of Ekiti State as well as my followers, I decided to put the records straight so that Ojudu does not succeed in misleading the generality of Ekiti people.


First, Ojudu's press statement has given him away as the one who needs help before it is too late. All he wrote were lies told by a frustrated politician who is struggling so hard to repair a completely dented image. It is laughable that Ojudu claimed I sought his support to be governor. After I decided to seek election to be the Governor of Ekiti State and having known Ojudu's antecedents as a spoiler and vision killer, why should he be the one I would tell? By now, Ekiti people must have realised there is no marked difference between Fayemi and Ojudu. It is obvious that they are same of the same, they are birds of same flock.
Ojudu must be day dreaming to have said I pulled him aside during Fayemi's swearing - in ceremony. I certainly did not say jack to Ojudu not to talk of asking if Fayemi would be able to do all what he was reading on the day. On the other hand however, Ojudu in his usual theatrical manner may be saying to the world and to Ekiti people in particular that Fayemi wiould not maximally perform in office as it is now obvious for all to see.

It is equally laughable for Ojudu to insinuate that I made my supporters work against him by voting for Fayose; this is so jejune. For the avoidance of doubt, let me reiterate that I personally went all out to persuade people to vote for him after I had been prevailed upon by the leadership of the defunct A C N to concede the senate ticket to him. In his heart of hearts, Ojudu knows he wasn't deserving of Ekiti people's votes. In Ado Ekiti where Ojudu hails from, unassailable records have it that I scored over 20,000 votes during the National Assembly elections while he scored a little above 20, 000 votes. In Ward 8, Ado Ekiti which is Ojudu's Ward and where he voted, I won all the 18 units that made up this Ward while he lost 5 units. In Ward 9, Ado Ekiti where Ojudu's house is, he won Ayo Fayose, then of the Labour Party with only 1vote while i won overwhelmingly in this Ward with over 2, 000 votes. Ekiti people knows who is more popular and acceptable to the people between Ojudu and I. They knew he did not win the Senate primaries either; the good people of Ekiti Central Senatorial District knew whom they gave their votes at the primaries. Ojudu, as a journalist should have eaten the humble pie and say the truth instead of telling white lies against a people he claims to be representing at the National Assembly. By so doing, he has consistently insult the sensibilities of our people and may spell doom for his political future. I advise him to concentrate on how to redeem his already battered image as a bench warmer at the upper house as Ekiti people have been shell shocked as to his gross incompetence as a lawmaker who could neither bark nor bite in the Senate.

May I inform Ojudu that I am aware of his empty boast at another of his "pull him down by all means possible" meetings held last weekend in Ado Ekiti where he swore "to pin me down". Let it be known to Babafemi Ojudu that Ekiti people have not forgotten the ignominious roles he played in pulling down every past government in Ekiti State and that history is repeating itself with his present role. It is instructive for him to wake up from his delusion and remember that he is not God but a mere attention seeker and a mere footnote, whose belly is full of bile. Ojudu should think of how to add value rather that trying in futility to cook up lies against me. It is nothing but another of their failed attempt to gang up against me and by the special grace of God and the willpower of a highly discerning people of Ekiti State, it will not stand.

I thank my people and re-assure them of my resolve not to be distracted by such feeble side talks of Ojudu and his ilk. Very soon, I will make public my covenant with Ekiti people. I assure them that come 2014, it will be business unusual in Ekiti. Non - performance, lack - lustre governance, unpaid salaries, tyranny as well as insecurity of lives and properties will be consigned to the dustbin of history. My destiny is in the hands of God and I know that in a matter of months, our people will show through their votes that never again will they be deceived by the antics of a blood - letting government and its goons.

 Tosin Jegede
Media and Publicity Committee,
MOB for Governor,
Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Dec. 30, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment