ACCESS BANK ADVERT

ACCESS BANK ADVERT

Saturday 15 November 2014

Gov. Fayose's Birthday Interview.....Insists no advert or waste of public funds

Read Mr. Governor's remarks on his birthday uncut...
Q: Sir, Today is supposed to be a special day, your birthday, why are you in the office?
Ans: Yes, today is my birthday, and a special day but at the same time you can't shun or ignore your responsibilities. I have a lot on my plate, I have important issues I have to address, in the last two-three days, I have been listening to the ministries and taking briefs from them and it is going to be like that today,tomorrow and the whole of next week.
So it is the part of the sacrifice I have to make as a leader to make sure I catch up with time...in view of the fact that the year is running out, I have to make the budget, I have to listen to most of these ministries to know where the problems are, and apart from that, this is me, I believe in hard work. Birthday is good, this day is like every other day in our lives and we have to do what we have to do.
Secondly, I want to appeal to people especially all the ministries,government offices,government establishments not to do paid adverts with public funds for me.

In the last eight years when I was out of government, nobody was doing that and I was still celebrating. For me it is too expensive, too hypocritical and most unnecessary for you to go out of your way and be using government funds to advertise a governor. So if you are a friend, all of you can come together if at all you have to do a paid advertisement, it is enough, you can put your names there, God sees what we can't see. I dont like hypocrisy, I dont like compounding already very very bad situation that we are confronted with... that we are trying to turn around.
I equally want to ask them that such resources even by friends can be channeled in another direction to support the common people, particularly this my stomach infrastructure project. Where the common people will be able to ...for instance if you do an advert for me for half a million, that half a million would feed so many families, it would take away their pains, their sorrows, ...some in the hospital, and it would restore hope...hope...hope for them.
So, I appreciate all of you, but I want to please plead with people, they should channel such support ...such advertorials, ...such public image that you are trying to cut for me in the directions of my interest which is the common people.
I am not saying these for political reasons, that is who I am. So I need to make these remarks. Thanks.
Bola Agboola's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment